In 2016, the Arizona Geological Survey, a research center at The University of Arizona, received the Polly Rosenbaum Building, formerly the El Zaribah Shrine Auditorium at 1502 West Washington Street, Phoenix, to host the Arizona Mining, Mineral and Natural Resources Museum. This site formally hosted the Arizona Mining and Mineral Museum which closed in 2011.
On 6 August 2016, the Arizona Geological Survey, takes possession of the building. Following needed repairs and upgrades, we’ll work with the public and our stakeholders in mining and minerals, agriculture, forestry and tourism to design and construct a museum environment that emphasizes exploration and the sustainable use of Arizona’s natural resources.
The mineral and rock contents of the former Arizona Mining and Mineral Museum, curated by the Arizona Historical Society, will be returned to be the keystone of the new museum environment.